Heliopsis 'Bleeding Hearts'
The daisy shaped flowers of Heliopsis ‘Bleeding Hearts’ open to a deep fire red colour and age to a dark orange. This is a rare Heliopsis (false sunflower) selection with a breakthrough flower colour. The exquisite foliage and bloom stems add another dimension to the garden. Heliopsis ‘Bleeding Hearts’ is an easy to grow, long-blooming, tall hardy perennial that can be mistaken as a Dahlia. It attracts a multitude of pollinators.
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: All types of well drained soil
- Moisture: Average – Tolerates dry
- Benefits: Pollinators, Butterflies, Cut-flower, Long-blooming
- Height: 4 feet
- Blooms: June to September
- Foliage: Healthy dark purple-black with deep burgundy-black stems
- Spacing: 18 inches
- Growth Habit: Clumping
- Zones: 3-9