Grass - Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
Pick- up only by appointment Wednesday to Saturday between 10:00am - 2:00pm
Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’ has showy 8 inch bottle-brush, deep purple flower blooms that are held on sturdy stems above the foliage. The narrow green leaves form an upright, fountain-like, vase-shaped clump. In our botanical gardens we cut down all our ornamental grasses in late fall (around November) to prevent moles and voles from nesting in the foliage that falls with the weight of the winter snow. We sell large rooted divisions.
2 gallon container.
- Light: Full Sun
- Soil: All types
- Moisture: Average – Dry – Moist
- Benefits: Cut-flower, Deer-resistant, Easy, Filler, Drought Tolerant
- Height: 3 feet (foliage) 4 feet (with bloom)
- Blooms: September to October
- Foliage: Deep green, Long and Narrow
- Spacing: 3 feet
- Growth Habit: Clump
- Zones: 5-9
Always feel safe shopping at Plant Paradise Country Gardens with our secure payment gateway.