Crocosmia 'Lucifer' (Montbretia)
We have trialed many Crocosmia varieties in our Zone 5 gardens at Plant Paradise Country Gardens and Crocosmia ‘Lucifer’ has stood the test of time by returning year after year. It is the hardiest Crocosmia available. The brilliant red flowers have an exotic, tropical look that open on wiry arched stems. They make great cut flowers. The broad, very tall, sword-like foliage adds a unique texture to the landscape. These bulbs/corms tolerate being planted deeper to make them winter over more successfully.
- Light: Full Sun – Part Sun
- Soil: All types of well drained soil
- Moisture: Average – Dry
- Benefits: Pollinators, Butterflies, Cut-flower, Deer Resistant, Long-blooming, Drought Tolerant, Hummingbirds
- Height: 36-42 inches
- Blooms: August
- Foliage: Green Sword-Like
- Spacing: We plant them around our ornamental grasses
- Plant each container 8-12 inches apart.
- Growth Habit: Individual Bulbs will Multiply
- Zones: 5-9
Always feel safe shopping at Plant Paradise Country Gardens with our secure payment gateway.