Baptisia australis (native false indigo)
Baptisia australis (false indigo) is a beautiful, long-lived, drought tolerant native perennial with a robust habit and attractive foliage. In late May, its intensely saturated violet-blue flower spikes rise above 3-4’ tall multi-stemmed plants with bluish-green foliage. Baptisia australis prefers full sun in moist, well-drained to dry, and low nutrient soils. This is a native Ontario plant.
1 gallon container
- Light: Full sun – Part sun
- Soil: All types of well drained soil
- Moisture: Average – Tolerates dry
- Benefits: Pollinators, Butterflies, Cut-flower, Deer Resistant
- Height: 3-4 feet
- Blooms: May to June
- Foliage: Clover-like, trifoliate, bluish-green leaves
- Spacing: 3-4 feet
- Growth Habit: Shrub-like
- Zones: 4-9
Always feel safe shopping at Plant Paradise Country Gardens with our secure payment gateway.