Asclepias tuberosa (butterflyweed)
Pick- up only by appointment Wednesday to Saturday between 10:00am - 2:00pm
Asclepias tuberosa (butterflyweed) is an Ontario native plant/milkweed that is essential for the survival of the Monarch butterfly. The Monarch butterfly larvae lay their eggs on Asclepias tuberosa and the larvae emerge to feed on the leaves. In full sun Asclepias tuberosa flowers for many months followed by decorative, green seed pods. It emerges from winter dormancy very late. Be patient. It begins to grow with warmer weather.
1 gallon container
- Light: Full sun
- Soil: All types of well drained soil
- Moisture: Average – Tolerates some dry periods
- Benefits: Pollinators, Butterflies, Cut-flower, Deer Resistant
- Height: 24 inches
- Blooms: July to September
- Foliage: Dark green leaves have have a thin, willow-like appearance.
- Spacing: 24 inches
- Growth Habit: clumping
- Zones: 3-9
Always feel safe shopping at Plant Paradise Country Gardens with our secure payment gateway.